This article contains spoilers. Please read at your own risk.
This page lists various characters that have appeared in the series or have been revealed through other means that do not currently appear in any of the ENA episodes, do not have names or have currently not been properly introduced or named.
They appear briefly in Extinction Party before Ena talks to Robert. They are slender black figures outlined in red with two small red eyes. Five of them appear sitting on tables along a wall in the Maze in between two portals.
Unnamed samurai-esque character
This character is featured in a sketch by Joel G. posted on his Twitter on April 18, 2021. The character appears very similar to a samurai, wearing brown baggy pants and a dark brown cloak. They also wear a conical hat with a bird-like figure sporting a clown face atop it. Their face is unseen and their neck is disconnected from their body, though the back of their head resembles a mechanical human skeleton while the front appears to be covered either by a face or mask resembling skin. They appear alongside another character that bears a striking resemblance to Ena, later revealed to be named Unnamed.
They are likely not to appear in any future episodes as the sketch is stated to be just for fun.
Mirror painting character
An unused character originally set to appear in Temptation Stairway. They were to appear as an interaction character in the Mannequin Expanse, though they were replaced by Mariya and Gabo instead. Their concept artwork was first publicly revealed during a Twitch stream showcasing other concept artwork and behind-the-scenes content of Temptation Stairway.
They appear to be a figure emerging from a jagged frame containing a mirror or painting. They wear a robe with droopy sleeves and a headpiece with a veil or long hair. They overall resemble a nun. They have a seemingly worried or sad expression.
Dream BBQ characters
New characters were first revealed in the trailer for Dream BBQ that revealed it would be a game as well as an animation. Their appearances are as follows:
- A large character with humanoid legs and a long alligator-like snout. Inside their mouth is yellow or gold teeth.
- A large turquoise figure resembling a headless horse. They are surrounded by bowing characters made up of white pants with brown belts and bodies consisting of yellow root-like structures.
- A figure made up of dark blue business attire such as a lounge suit, pants, a black belt, and a blue tie with a white undershirt. From where their hands and head would be emits a purple glow where small birds emerge.
- A somewhat bulky character with a black suit and brown undershirt that is decorated with a brown rose. Their face is yellow with long ears; taped to it is a sheet of paper that flashes various faces made up of Japanese kana (katakana and hiragana), including a variant of henohenomoheji. Their hands are red and have long fingers.
- Two small figures that appear to be associated with Taski Maiden. Their bodies are gray and tan with red eyes and mouths. The gray and tan segments of their bodies are segmented and separated around their bodies. They also appear alongside Taski Maiden in two pieces of released concept art, one of which shows them carried by her in an aguayo.
- A humanoid character with pale white skin. His head was shown in the Dream BBQ trailer (which is shown to be separate from his body), showing features such as his black eyes with white dot irises, purple hair, blue cheeks and lips, and green gums. In released concept art where he is seen alongside Ena, his outfit is shown to be mainly red, wearing a baggy shirt and pants with a red hat and a black and green veil. He also has green wraps on his limbs and has blue shoes. He is implied to be somewhat sinister or play an antagonistic role. In an ENA Day 2022 Twitch stream, he is simply referred to through the alias "Clown" and more concept art of him was shown. It was also stated that the main goal of his design is to disturb the player.
- He greatly resembles a kuroko, a stagehand in kabuki theater.
- He also bears resemblance to a minor character from the film Pastoral: To Die in the Country. Both characters wear similar makeup and hop around on one leg.
Four previously unseen characters were also revealed on Joel's Instagram. Their appearances are as follows:
- A gray statue-esque character resembling a feminine kappa. They wear an aqua-colored wimple around their head. Atop their head is a platform weighed by two spherical weights on chains on each side. Above the character is a stylized cloud pouring rain onto the platform.
- It appears to play off of the fact that kappas of Japanese mythology are often depicted with depressions on their heads that contain water.
- A red and yellow character resembling an amoeba. They have a striped outline with a red body containing dark yellow spots. Their face consists of a simple diamond-shaped mouth and two eyes with eyebrows.
- A scarecrow character mounted atop a red pole. They wear a Japanese schoolgirl outfit and have swaying blue hair. Their face has one yellow eye and a black knife lodged into their left eye. They also have a triangle nose and a stitched mouth. Another red pole sticks out of the ends of the character's straw-filled sleeves, keeping their arms spread out.
- They appear to be based on a scarecrow appearing in the film Pastoral: To Die in the Country. Both wear the same outfit, are perched on a red pole, and have a black knife stuck in their heads.
- A feline character with a rounded square head sporting large eyes. Their neck, hands, and limbs appear to be made of kobans, a Japanese gold coin. They also wear a large shirt designed with the character 金, meaning "metal" or "gold".
Another unnamed character was revealed in a short animation loop released for a music preview for Dream BBQ. Their only known aspects of appearance are their facial attributes, showing them as a completely red human male. They sport neck-length hair, a small mustache, and wear sunglasses.
More unnamed characters were also revealed during a Twitch stream held on ENA Day 2022.
- The first character resembles a large white head laying upon a beige pedestal. They have shamrock green eyes with black eyebrows and yellow markings around their eyes. They also sport a pink nose with tan whisker pads, overall making their snout resemble that of a cat. Their mouth consists of a wide grin with triangular teeth. They also sport a headpiece with a gray and black base (with a yellow U-shape on the gray section), brown and yellow drapes, a yellow crest with a brown base and gray spikes, and a tan face-like band wrapping around the crest and base.
- They appear to be based on textile designs from the Paracas culture which often depict similar face-like headpieces and occasional feline-like animals.
- The second character is a humanoid figure wearing pants, a tank top shirt, a headpiece with two drawstrings, and a cloth over their body. On their back they carry a gazelle, which their fingers fuse into to create veiny masses in the gazelle's body. The gazelle's eyes and mouth are both filled with flowers.